Caution Emotions Attached:
| Kathy, Lisa, Me (Bo) & Becky |
About two weeks ago, I got the call I have dreading for the last seven years. Chrissy, your aunt Kathy is starting hospice tomorrow. I stop breathing for a second and told my mom, I need to call Becky and/or Lisa. I immediately got off the phone with my mom and tried calling my cousins. I just wanted to hear their voices and let them both know how very much I loved both of them. (You see Becky and Lisa have been like sisters to me, and my aunt Kathy has always been like my other mother.) I could not wait to hear either of their voices just for them to know I was there for them no matter what.
| Lisa, Me, & Becky |
The next day I finally got to talk to Becky and just hearing her voice gave me peace even if it wasn't the news I wanted to hear. That following weekend we celebrated Bo's birthday with my family, and I decided to wait to go visit until the following weekend. Wednesday I was finally able to talk to Lisa, and that's when it really hit me and I wanted to go see Kathy, Ken, Becky, and Lisa as soon as I could just to give them all a hug and tell them how very much all of them mean to me.
| Becky, Me, & Lisa |
So last weekend visit is what I did and as much as I could. I didn't know a weekend could be so sad a so fun all at the same time. It might simply be that I have the best family. Her siblings drove or flew in to show Kathy just how very much they love their sister.
Kathy is and always will be the corner stone of this family.
| Theis Brothers and Sisters Back: Paul, Linda, Tom, Wayne, Tim & Gene Front: Rick, Fred, Kathy, & Kevin |
Here are some of the values that this family has taught me:
Family is important
Don't be afraid to tell each other how very much you love them not only in words but in actions
Be there when your family needs you
We are lucky to have each other
There is a time to grieve and a time to celebrate
Just because you have a big family doesn't mean you can't be a close family
There are so many more lessons/values I have gotten from them, but I simply can not put them all into words.
| Me & Kathy |
I love you Kathy, you have inspired me and continue to inspire me with your strength.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt Kathy. That picture of her with her siblings is great. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, Chrissy. HUGS.
ReplyDelete