We really wanted to go camping for my birthday, but we were worried that with the baby, I might start getting sick or two hot, so we determined a hotel would be a much better idea.
Josh and I both only worked until noon on Friday, so when we got home we headed off to La Crosse WI. We took the scenic route down the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi River. It was such a beautiful day, and boy did we enjoy the scenery. Pistol came along with us (his first time in a hotel), and he enjoyed sitting on my lap most of the way. However, I did not he was constantly moving and stepping on my stomach. I had to move him many times, so finally he got sick of me moving him and he sat in the back. (Thank GOD!)
When we got there we checked in the our hotel Days Inn and get Pistol settled in, or so we thought. We left our room to go eat at the hotel restuarant, and Pistol would not stop barking and trying to get out of his kennel. We waited a little while, but he did not calm down so we had to go back in and put a blanket over him. This seemed to help, and off to dinner we went. I did not enjoy our meal at all, but Josh said his wasn't so bad (note to self don't eat there again). We headed back to our room and I just needed to lay down, so Josh headed off on his adventure to Walmart to get some groceries and a couple of games for us to play. I wanted strawberries and pretzels. I fell asleep and Josh came back what seemed like hours later, stating how far away Walmart was. He came a back with two games Bingo and In a pickle. We played In a pickle, not a good game for just two people, all you do is argue who is right. We only played that once. I went to bed shortly after that, and Josh stayed up to watch... Sports of course.
Saturday morning we heading into La Crosse to tour the town. We stopped at a stamp shop, and learned about alcohol stamp ink. Josh did not want to learn about this so he headed to the bookstore across the street. While I stayed and talked to ladies. It was really fun to talk about the town and what there was to do there. They were all so nice and friendly, it was like I have know them forever. From there we headed to several other stores, then headed to the river.
Josh and I both only worked until noon on Friday, so when we got home we headed off to La Crosse WI. We took the scenic route down the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi River. It was such a beautiful day, and boy did we enjoy the scenery. Pistol came along with us (his first time in a hotel), and he enjoyed sitting on my lap most of the way. However, I did not he was constantly moving and stepping on my stomach. I had to move him many times, so finally he got sick of me moving him and he sat in the back. (Thank GOD!)
When we got there we checked in the our hotel Days Inn and get Pistol settled in, or so we thought. We left our room to go eat at the hotel restuarant, and Pistol would not stop barking and trying to get out of his kennel. We waited a little while, but he did not calm down so we had to go back in and put a blanket over him. This seemed to help, and off to dinner we went. I did not enjoy our meal at all, but Josh said his wasn't so bad (note to self don't eat there again). We headed back to our room and I just needed to lay down, so Josh headed off on his adventure to Walmart to get some groceries and a couple of games for us to play. I wanted strawberries and pretzels. I fell asleep and Josh came back what seemed like hours later, stating how far away Walmart was. He came a back with two games Bingo and In a pickle. We played In a pickle, not a good game for just two people, all you do is argue who is right. We only played that once. I went to bed shortly after that, and Josh stayed up to watch... Sports of course.
Saturday morning we heading into La Crosse to tour the town. We stopped at a stamp shop, and learned about alcohol stamp ink. Josh did not want to learn about this so he headed to the bookstore across the street. While I stayed and talked to ladies. It was really fun to talk about the town and what there was to do there. They were all so nice and friendly, it was like I have know them forever. From there we headed to several other stores, then headed to the river.
Cool Sculpture by the river
Josh waving at the .... I don't know, but it was funny.When we went to lunch at Frazie's I realized that I did not have my bank card. We immedetly went back to the stamp shop (the last place I had it) to see if I had left it there. I walked in the door, and the lady was so sweet, she said that she had called our hotel, and was planning on bringing out to the hotel (in a sealed enelope with my name on it) after she closed the shop. She was also going to check back the next day just in case I didn't get it, so no one else could use it. She has such a sweet lady.
We decided that we needed to get more tennis balls for Pistol to keep him entertained at the hotel. We also headed to target to look for a new swimsuit for the summer with my growing belly. Then I decided that we needed to eat Mexican so we headed to Tequila, it was so good.
Funny story: There was a girl there with her friends for her twenty-first birthday, the waiter and sever other waiters came out and gave her a shot of tequila and sang happy birthday to her. Then right at the end he lifted his apron and a very large fake penis popped out into her face. I couldn't help, but laugh from our table.

Sunday morning we decided to go hiking, the day before while we were at the dog park with Pistol, one of the guys we talked to suggested that the Seven Bridges would be a good place to go and take Pistol with us off-leash.
We headed on our 3 1/2 mile walk (one way). As we traveled down the path we realized that Pistol was so thirsty, so Josh had to make a make shift bowl for him. It was so cute.
We only got to bridge number 6 as we were so hot, and the bugs were attacking us like crazy, so we headed back. We took a lot of abstract pictures. Hope you enjoy. After our 6 mile walk we headed back to the hotel, took a quick shower and dropped off the dog. I could have taken a three hour nap, but we headed to Huck Finns on the Water for my birthday dinner. It was so good, but our waitress was new, and charged us way more then she should have. We had to help explain the menu to her, I don't think she will make that mistake again.
After dinner we headed back to the hotel played some Bingo, I forgot how fun that can be even with just two people. I went to bed early again, this baby makes me so tired. Monday morning we headed back to the cities the Minnesota side of the Mississippi river this time. We stopped in Red Wing to get some food, and we came upon a park that had all of these flags up for fallen soldiers. It was very heart warming to be surrounded by all of those flags.
After spending an hour enjoying the weather and the Memorial Flags, we headed to St. Paul to see our friends Marsha and Ron, it has been so long. We were unable to stay long because this girl was tired, and so was Josh. Then we headed home after a wonderful birthday weekend.Thanks Baby for making it so wonderful.
we have bingo too you both will have to come over and play it with us that would be fun. I will have lots of ice cream on hand for you.
ReplyDelete