We're having a baby

So Josh and I started trying to get pregnant right after our wedding in February, but I think that because of everything that was going on in our lives it was not meant to be. So we decided that it will just happen when it happens.

After the reception I came home from work late on Wed. May 5th and we decide tonight is the night. Our friend Bridget came over and "interrupted" our evening. She was so embarrassed, but good thing our doors were locked. Bridget went to get us Mexican and I headed over there to eat, and Bridget joked that she need to interrupt for us to get pregnant. We just laughed at her. Little did we know... The weekend of May 7-9 I went to bed early (like 9) which never happens on the weekends. I blew it off as me just still being tired from the reception.

Monday May 10th
I woke up feeling really sick, but got up and went to work. Tuesday I really started to feel so tired at work, and started to read everything I possible could on early signs of pregnancy: exhausted, crampy, and light headed when I got up. Still I didn't want to get excited. My mom and I went out to dinner that night to celebrate mothers day, and mom ordered me a Margarita. I told her I'm not sure if I should drink this. We talked about babies and trying to conceive. It was so fun talking to my mom about this.

I went to work on Wed. still feeling really shitty, even my boss told me I looked sick. I was crampy all day lots and lots of short sharp pains. Again I started to look up early signs.

Thursday morning I called in sick and did not get out of bed all day because when ever I did I felt dizzy and nauseous. Bed was my friend that day. Josh and I went to Walmart when he got home to get some stuff and a test, we were not there very long and I needed to leave because I felt so sick. Josh told me not to take the test yet because it was too early; however, after he left for softball I took it anyway. It was negative, so I told myself Josh was right I should have waited.

We had a great weekend I ran/walked the Autism 5k and we spent the afternoon outside enjoying the sun. Then Sunday we went for a long bike ride, still, I felt good.

Monday May 17th
I decided that I was pregnant, so I went to Borders and bought "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" and "How to Photograph your Baby". Then I headed over to Boston Market to get Josh and I dinner. (It was weird because I was thinking this is were Josh and I went on our first date, wouldn't it be weird if we found out I was pregnant after we had Boston Market?) When I got home, and after we ate a very large amount of Boston Market I went the bathroom to take the test. Mind you I was still thinking it was going to be negative, but it wasn't...
I called Josh into the computer room and handed him the stick. He was like what is this, then he read it and was like really. So he looked at me and said can I go show Jon? He walked into the living room and handed Jon my pee stick (poor Jon). We tried to call Bridget, so I could tell her instead of Jon, but she was in Chicago at an audition. Laurie came over and I handed her the stick, and she told me I had to take another one just in case. Off to Walmart we went. I took another one right away.


I handed it to Josh and he was so excited, but said we have to go to the doctor to know for sure. Tomorrow I will call to make an appointment. Can't wait to have the doctor confirm it. May 18th
I woke up way earlier then I ever do, to go pee of course, and decided to take the last test. Guess what it said...
I showed Josh again, and he said so you are going to go to the doctor to make sure right? I scheduled an appointment, had them do another pregnancy test and you will never guess, I was still pregnant. At this point I was so excited I called Josh and started to get a little teary eyed. I told him it was real he was so excited, and wanted to start telling everyone, but we had to tell our parents. This is what we sent them in the mail.


"This frame is for the future Hall of Famer Lil baby Cleveland Due Jan 26 '11"

We are just so excited, because with my family history of just not being able to get pregnant the fact that it happened so quickly is amazing. I know we probably should have waited longer to tell people, but honestly if we lose it we want to be able to talk about it with the people we love. Therefore I decided to call my best friends and my siblings. Josh had to call his dad to tell him, but made him promise not to tell his mom. I wish Mark luck, I know that I suck at not telling the people that I am close to. Can't wait to hear their reactions.

I talked to my nephew Ashland yesterday and he said "my brothers and I are going to think of some names for the baby and send them in the mail, and maybe you can use one of them." So cute, he is so excited and already offered to babysit (he is 6 hehehe).

May 20th My parents got their package in the mail and my mom tried to call me right away, but I forgot my phone at home, oops. So I ended up calling her when I got home from work. I have been avoiding phone calls and Facebooks all week from my mom ( can I tell you this is really hard for me because I talk to my mom almost every day). Mom and Dad were so excited, it took my dad awhile to figure out what it meant. However, soon enough he figured it out and was so excited. "Number 8," he told my mom. Now we are just waiting patiently for the Cleveland's to get their package so we can tell the rest of Josh's family.

May 21st Chris got her package today, and called me, but I missed her call. Hopefully she can talk to Josh today. Chris got a hold of Josh after she got off work, not sure what they talked about, but he told me she was very excited. This will be the Cleveland's 5th grandchild in 3 years.


4 comments:

  1. Chrissy and Josh: Words can't describe how happy I am for you. Once the baby is born, I hope you can come up to Sauk more often to visit, which I'm sure you will since Grandma and Grandpa Theis live here. And please have him or her or them on my birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited for you! Thank you for sending me the link to your blog so I can read your story and celebrate with you. :) We'll be praying for you...I hope that the sickness is bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excitied I can't believe it. I can't wait for the two of them to arrive. The 26th is a lucky number. You bring them over anytime when you two need a break. or we will come over there. Keep us informed if you need anything just give a call i will come over in a heart beat to help you both on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I mention that I'm excited for you?! I am! Awww, I remember seeing my first positive pregnancy test for Ella... such sweet memories. :o) You will be glad you documented all of this time on your blog. I kept a private blog throughout my pregnancy with Ella complete with weekly bump pics, and I go back and read parts of it all the time.

    ~Heather Stanley

    ReplyDelete