Baby Bump Week 20

Half Way there...
Week Twenty:
Baby:

Baby Size: 6.5 inches /cantaloupe

Baby Weight: 10.6 oz

This week your baby's skin will become covered with a waxy-like substance called vernix which will protect her skin from becoming scratched or chapped.
Your baby is also starting to produce menconium, the result of digestion, which will accumulate in her bowels and eventually pass during delivery or in her first diaper.


What they say my body should be doing and feeling:

Your officially reached the halfway point of your pregnancy! At this stage your uterus is even with your bellybutton and you may have gained 10 to 13 pounds.  You'll likely have your second major ultrasound soon where your doctor will check on your baby's development.  If your baby cooperates you may even be able to determine the sex, if you choose to find out.

How I'm feeling:
I have been feeling really good, but allergy season has taken over my nose full force, and I sneeze often.  This has caused a lot of discomfort in my lower stomach.  I also think that baby Bo is growing like a weed which doesn't help my discomfort.  Overall though it isn't painful.  This last week was so amazing and surreal watching our little girl move and finding out that she is a girl.  It was also so much fun watching Josh see her, he said it turned his whole thought process around.  All he kept saying is I'm going to be a daddy to a little girl, I can't wait until she runs up to me and says "Daddy can I sit on your lap?"  He is too cute. He also keeps looking at her ultrasound pictures, he is so proud.  I love watching the video of her moving too, especially since I don't feel her as often as I would like to.  It is just reassuring that she is alright.

Week 20 Covered (Sorry about the half closed eyes allergy season)

Week 20 Uncovered


Week 20 Front View

 Don't mind my sickly looking face, it just the joys of having allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment