Baby Bump Week 23

Week Twenty-Three:
Baby:

Baby Size: 11.5 inches

Baby Weight: just over 1 lb.

Your baby is probably quite active by now and you should be able to feel movements or kicks in your belly.  It might even be possible to see movements on the surface of your skin.

Overall, your baby is now moving more proportion from head size to the rest of the body and is looking more and more like a newborn.

What they say my body should be doing and feeling:

In preparation for labor, your uterus may begin to practice by exercising its muscles.  Around this time some women experience warm-up contractions better known as Braxton Hicks contractions or false labor.  These contractions are irregular an vary in intensity.  contact your medical practitioner if you have any concerns.

How I'm feeling:
This week has been great, I feel great, and it has gone by so fast.  
However, I had my first emotional breakdown realizing that we are going to be parents and just worrying that I am forgetting to do things or that we won't know what to do when she comes.  Josh has been amazing and just reminding me that I am doing fine and we will be great parents and we will just figure it out as we go.  I know that, but I just had my first panic moment.  
I also find out that the reason I am not feeling her very often is because her placenta is in the front making it more difficult to feel her precious movements.  I was told though that the placenta would move and I will be able to feel her more often soon.  =)

Week 23 Covered

Week 23 Uncovered

Week 23 Front View

No comments:

Post a Comment