What a relaxing weekend.
Friday night:
Josh headed to Nips house for a weekend of football and friends.
I headed to get my hair cut to try to fix my nasty dry hair that being pregnant has caused. My hairdresser (Katie) could not believe how dry my hair was, so we did a deep conditioner. Then just trimmed the edges, oh what a difference, my hair is is shinny and soft again. Then I just explored the mall to look for a gift for Josh from the baby for when we find out what Little Cleve is. (I'll tell you what he got after he gets to open it.)
Saturday morning:
I headed to my brother Curtis' to spend some time with the family. My parents were coming down to help with the deconstruction of their back yard.
I got there early and decided that Max and I needed to go to Target to get a few things. It is very rare that I get to spend time with just one of my nieces or nephews without the others, and it is even more rare to spend time with just one of the twins without the other. This was a real treat for both Max and I, I got one-on-one time with him, and he got to pick out some candy and get an icee, oh yeah he got one-on-one time with me too.
It was time for lunch when we got back, then it was back to work outside. Soon afterwards My parents and my uncle Kevin came rolling in. Mom was very excited to see my belly, and I was happy to show her. We spent the rest of the afternoon trimming trees, moving blocks, and cleaning up the mess that was made by the deconstruction.
I tried to help as much as I could, but I spend more time keeping the boys working then doing any actual work myself. It is weird for me that I can't be right in the middle of things and help out with the actual labor, but I had to listen to my body and sit down when I got tired.
While we were working Little Cleve could not stop moving. I was really excited because I knew for the first time that it was Little Cleve and not anything else. My mom got to feel Little Cleve too, and it was so exciting to share that moment with my mom. I immediately texted Josh to let him know. He was so excited, and he told me that Little Cleve was moving so much because of all of the Hawkeye's touchdowns. Gotta love my husband when college football season starts.
We spent the rest of the evening hanging out, then I headed home, and quickly fell asleep.
Sunday:
I plan to relax the rest of the day, maybe a little shopping for Van I mean Stevi, and then maybe some movie time when Josh gets home.
Monday (Labor Day) Josh and I plan to attend the Minnesota State Fair.
Van and I like presents :)
ReplyDelete